12th August, 2023 ~ Growing, drying & creating with forever flowers
Here on the farm we grow many different varieties of flowers to dry and create wreaths, bouquets and weddings with our own grown. We don't use bleach, dye or spray paints on our flowers, all grown and dried for their own natural beauty.
Join us on the farm and learn from our expert Sharon Hadden about the full process from seed to harvest, Sharon for some years had her own dry flower farm in Reydon, and has spent a few growing seasons with us, successfully harvesting a healthy supply of everlastings.
If you would like to learn how to create with dried flowers, then our resident dried flower designer Hannah, will talk you through the basic mechanics of using dried and how to make beautiful creations.
You can either book the morning workshop with Sharon, the afternoon with Hannah or the full day with lunch provided.
HOW TO GROW FOREVER FLOWERS
10am - approx 2hrs with refreshments supplied as well as lunch if you are staying for the creative workshop.
* you will learn which varieties are best for sowing and helpful tips on a sowing and planting plan to maximise your productivity.
* Sharon will give you a tour of the field and teach you the art of knowing when to harvest your flowers, the right time for picking is crucial to a healthy crop that will dry successfully.
* Then you will spend time learning the best way to dry to get the best results for colour and longevity.
* you will be able to select and cut your own bouquet to take home and dry
HOW TO CREATE WITH FOREVER FLOWERS
1.30pm - 3.30pm - with refreshments and lunch if you attended the morning workshop.
* Hannah will share ideas for creative floral displays, how to work with dried stems to insure interesting and balanced arrangements.
* You will learn the technique to create a hand tied bouquet with beautiful colours and textures and will be able to take your creation home with you.
Please let us know any allergies you may have
cancellation refunds: full refund up to 1 week before workshop date
Photo credit: Flower House Images & Images By Anna